Effect of sodium gluconate in concrete. What are the specific functions? What benefits can it bring,Read the article to let you know.
Sodium gluconate is widely used in industry. Sodium gluconate can be used as high-efficiency chelating agent, steel surface cleaning agent, glass bottle cleaning agent, aluminum oxide coloring in electroplating industry, high-efficiency retarder and superplasticizer in construction, textile printing and dyeing, metal surface treatment and water treatment industries.
In industry, glucose containing substances (such as grains) are generally used as raw materials. Glucose acid is prepared from glucose by fermentation method, and then neutralized by sodium hydroxide to obtain sodium gluconate. It can also be synthesized by electrolysis and oxidation. Chemical oxidation – hypobromine oxidation is mostly used in China.
Effect of sodium gluconate in concrete
1. Sodium gluconate can reduce the water cement ratio and improve the strength of concrete. It is a high-quality concrete.
2. Large and heavy grouting works are difficult to construct. Due to the addition of sodium gluconate, the improvement of concrete workability and the delay of setting time can avoid the contact surface on the structure, which can improve the structural strength.
3. It is of great significance to keep the w / C ratio unchanged and improve the working performance in hot areas. A large amount of sodium gluconate was used in the construction of bridges in the Middle East.
4. Adding sodium gluconate into the concrete mixture can delay the setting time, which is very important for long-time and difficult pouring.
5. In the concrete industry, concrete is first prepared in the center and then transported by mixer truck. In this case, it is very important to increase the workability and initial setting time.
6. Reducing the water cement ratio can make the concrete have higher strength and durability, which can be achieved by sodium gluconate. This is very important for high strength reinforced concrete.
7. If you want to build mortar, you must use it for a long time. The addition of sodium gluconate can prolong the working period.
8. It is difficult to operate the oil well irrigation mud due to high temperature. After adding sodium gluconate, the concrete can work for several hours at 170 ℃
Effect of sodium gluconate content in pumping agent on concrete performance
In developed countries, the use of pumped concrete is very common. However, the slump loss of concrete after adding admixture is more serious than that before adding admixture. Especially after adding superplasticizer, the slump of concrete can only be maintained for 10-30 minutes, which makes the construction more difficult. This problem is particularly prominent in concrete and pumped concrete.
Scholars from various countries have done a lot of work and achieved certain results. In these achievements, there are two commonly used technical routes, one is the admixture method, and the other is the compound retarder method. The use of composite superplasticizers and retarders to solve slump loss has been widely accepted.The theoretical basis of this method is to delay the formation of early hydration products of cement and inhibit slump loss.