Sodium gluconate: matters needing attention! Many people know sodium gluconate, but do you really know its precautions? There are also many people who do not understand sodium gluconate: what is industrial grade sodium gluconate? What is the function of industrial grade sodium gluconate? Is he safe? Are they toxic or dangerous chemicals? Learn about the ingredients it contains, including the use of industrial grade sodium gluconate in related fields.
Industrial sodium glucose is not dangerous.
Industrial glucose is whole sugar or food grade glucose. White block solid, sweet. Solid ≥ 80%, de ≥ 95. The products are widely used in sewage treatment, medicine, chemical industry, food, microbial fermentation and other industries
Sodium gluconate is non-toxic.
Through conventional biochemical treatment, sodium gluconate and its chelates with heavy metal ions in water can be degraded rapidly and completely.
sodium gluconate is generally used alone, but it can also be used in combination with other retarders such as carbohydrates and phosphates. Sodium gluconate is a crystalline powder. It is produced under properly specified and controlled conditions. The compound is chemically pure and non corrosive. The mass is constant. These characteristics can ensure that it has reliable and repeatable results in application.
Sodium gluconate as water reducer
By adding water reducing agent, the water cement ratio (w / C) can be reduced. By adding sodium gluconate, the following effects can be obtained:
- Improve workability. Under the condition of constant water cement ratio (w / C), the addition of sodium gluconate can improve the workability. At this time, sodium gluconate acts as a plasticizer. When the dosage of sodium gluconate is less than 0.1%, the degree of improving workability is directly proportional to the dosage.
- Increase strength. When the cement content remains unchanged, the water content in the concrete can be reduced (i.e. w / C is reduced). When the amount of sodium gluconate is 0.1%, the amount of water added can be reduced by 10%.
- Reduce cement content. The content of water and cement decreased in the same proportion, and the w / C ratio remained unchanged.
Sodium gluconate as retarder
Sodium gluconate can significantly delay the setting time of concrete. When the dosage is less than 0.15%, the logarithm of the initial setting time is in positive proportion to the dosage, that is, when the dosage is doubled, the initial setting time is delayed to ten times, which prolongs the working time from a few hours to a few days without damage to the strength. This is an important advantage especially in hot days and when it needs to be placed for a long time.
Used as a special cleaning agent for glass bottles
The cleaning of hundreds of millions of glass bottles in the beverage industry, food industry and brewing industry, such as soda bottles, beer bottles, milk bottles, cans, soy sauce bottles and wine bottles, is a very important thing, and the pharmaceutical formula of cleaning agent is a difficult technical work. There is no ideal drug in China. The main problems are: the descaling force is not strong, and it is easy to block the nozzle and pipeline of the bottle washing machine; The ability to remove rust from bottle stickers and bottlenecks is not ideal; The trace residue after washing is not ideal for food safety (such as phosphate residue).
Used as water quality stabilizer
Sodium gluconate has excellent corrosion and scale inhibition, so it is widely used as water quality stabilizer, such as circulating cooling water system of petrochemical enterprises, low-pressure boiler, internal combustion engine cooling water system and other treatment agents. Because it has the following specific advantages:
⑴ it has obvious coordination effect. It is suitable for molybdenum, silicon, phosphorus, tungsten, nitrite and other formulations. Due to the coordination effect, the corrosion inhibition effect is greatly improved.
⑵ the corrosion inhibition rate increases with the increase of temperature. Generally, the inhibition rate of corrosion inhibitor decreases with the increase of temperature, or even completely loses its function. On the contrary, the corrosion inhibition rate of sodium gluconate increases with the increase of temperature in a certain range. For example, in the test of carbon steel and other materials, the temperature increases from 77 ℃ f to 120 ℃ F, and the buffer rate increases by more than 5% on average. Therefore, sodium gluconate, with its unique characteristics, is ideal as a corrosion inhibitor for high temperature systems or variable temperature systems from low temperature to high temperature.
(3) strong scale inhibition ability: it has strong complexation ability to calcium, magnesium and iron salts, so it has strong scale inhibition ability, especially for Fe3 +, even in the whole pH range.
(4) eliminate public hazards. Sodium gluconate is used as a corrosion and scale inhibitor for circulating cooling water to eliminate public hazards, which is unmatched by other corrosion and scale inhibitors.
Used in medicine
It can also be used as a food additive to achieve the same purpose.
The above is the matters needing attention for sodium gluconate! After reading this article, you must have a certain understanding of sodium gluconate!